Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Today I left the house (and my crack books) long enough to see a movie and direct the show at TV-10.

The movie was Constantine. And I do have to say: I DID hear a Bush song on the radio on the way home, it made me laugh. Though it was neither of the ones my friend and I mentioned in the conver about it. The movie itself: okay. Not terribly bad or good, really.

The show was a lot more fun to work on tonight. I still have to watch the finished product sometime, I never have. But this time we had another fairly experienced production person for me to lean on. And also, I found her guest for tonight a lot more interesting than a lot of times. Though I may be biased. I think I have one of those mini-crushes where you meet someone once, and you're pretty sure you'll probably never see them again, but you're SO into them. Anyway, he was there to talk about his opinions on video games (which just goes to show how hot for nerds I am) and he was so dorkily cute and funny about it. I've been having a lot of crushing on people lately, actually, after having not had a lot of problems with it in a long time. But while it's nice to be reminded that I'm not entirely bloodless, it's still frustrating, and reminds me that I'm socially crippled and won't get a boyfriend until I'm 80 and then it'll be because I'm the only old lady with all my teeth, because of all the dental work my parents paid for. Except even that's wrong, because I think it was crappy dental work, my teeth are totally going back to the way they were and I'm getting a gap between the front too.

But really, I'm not bitter. It WAS a good time tonight. And my neck is getting slightly less sore, though from the absence from my books while I went to the movie and TV-10 or because I pulled something earlier and it's just gradually getting better on it's own, I couldn't say.

Gold teeth and a curse for this town
were all in my mouth
only I don't know how
they got out dear


--"New Slang," The Shins

No comments: