Sunday, February 13, 2005

So, I watched a couple of movies today, and that was about it. Really, I need to start doing stuff.

Anyway, I watched Anchorman & Cellular. I've wanted to see Anchorman forever, but then never seemed to get around to it until now. Given my profession (or hoped-for profession) the reason I wanted to see it is kind of obvious. Anyway, I have to say, not the hilarity I was hoping for. There were a few good lines now and again, and I enjoyed Steve Carrell's character, but it wasn't a constant laughfest or anything. The only scene I REALLY loved that hadn't already been in the trailers was where the rival news teams come to violence. To amuse myself, I sometimes tried to imagine anchors I actually know doing some of the weirder stuff, but it didn't really take.

Cellular was about as good as I expected, which was that it would be okay, but not hugely inventive or anything. My dad's all "I can't suspend my disbelief on that premise" but it irritates me (his reluctance to watch it in the first place is the whole reason we hadn't seen this movie yet though we've seen about every B-level action movie made in the last few years because of him) because he enjoys a lot of movies that depend on far more ludicrous concepts. I also like the fact that Kim Basinger (the woman being rescued) got to kick some major ass at times, so it wasn't straight up "oh, the guy rescues the helpless woman."

So that's what I did today, for the most part.

No comments: