Wednesday, January 29, 2003

Aaaarg! I was at the TV station observing tonight, and some people didn't show up, so I ended up on the Teleprompter (feeds the people onscreen their lines).

it is HARD. There are apparently 2 ways to work it: one is using the keys on the keyboard, and the other is one of those upside down mouse things, where you move the ball in different dirrections. I started out using the keyboard, and kept having a few moderate errors. I felt so stupid. Then this one guy told me to use the ball. I took his word because he was all old and authoritarian, but the truth is he was WRONG. Not only did I make about the same errors as before, because of myself, but I started making big mistakes because the ball would just, decide not to work all of a sudden. Real fun.

Then, my left contact just.... fell out. For NO reason. I blink, contact comes out. And since I'm in the middle of something, I can't exactly put it back in. So I'm sitting there with one contact trying to do a job I was botching up when I could see what I was doing.

but it all turned out alright.

Except I am still sans one contact.* I forgot to bring any extras, mine are all at home, as are my glasses. (Yes, I know I'm stupid) I called up the 'rents to bring me some, but they're not there. So I have to wait until they get home, then until they want to do it. Yeah.

____
* I have typed out this whole thing with one eye open. I do not relish the prospect of trying to duplicate that trick with C++, yet, I must, if I want to get the latest prog done in time

No comments: