Thursday, January 23, 2003

Well, I've probably screwed myself over yet again. I'm not going to do the program due tomorrow at all. Which, I already lost 20 points earlier for not getting my classes in on tuesday. So I'm pretty much going to have to work my ass off for the rest of the semester just to pull a B. Which, the class is a lot of work anyway.

I'm also annoyed more than ever at not having friends. When I went to the lab to work, everyone was working together on programs, looking at each other's errors, while I stare at mine like a dope for an hour. I tried to interject myself into one conversation, but it didn't work very well. So basically I was in a lab full of distracting conversations, and I knew I couldn't get it done in time anyway, so I just..... gave up.

I might've made a friend in Hardware and Software Concepts, though. I ended up, accidently actually, sitting next to the only other girl this time. We bonded about being girls, how awful our governor is, how crappy ISU is (she LOVED the commodore story :P), and how crappy the class is. The most hilarious part was that the prof was handing out papers later and like, couldn't find me. Only 2 girls in class. Sitting next to each other. And he's looking at the guys in the opposite corner of the room, as if I'm there. I was like, "Hey! I'm over here in the girl-ghetto!" which elicited a laugh from my new aquaintance.

it's weird...every little interchange I have with someone new, I blog. I'm always convinced it's like, the beginning of a new friendship, and then I never talk to them again. I wonder if any of these people have any inkling whatsoever a brief conversation they had with me is immortalized in print. Probably not.

No comments: