Wednesday, January 15, 2003

Well... I was afraid I had really lost my nerdiness the other night. But today I regained it. In Media Writing today, the prof was using The Two Towers as an example to illustrate the point he was making. He kept not knowing people's names, and I was the only one in class who's like, "It's Samwise Ganji(sp?), of course!" or, "Oh, you mean Faramir." (I swear it's my sister's fault, she all taught them to me this one day after taunting Dad and me for not knowing all the character names) Then he stopped for a second and was like, "You guys have all seen The Two Towers, right?" and half of the class or less had. And he tried to use the original Star Wars, but a good amount of people hadn't seen that either. And Terminator was cut down as well. But they were all eager to talk about Joe Millionaire (bleh). I got much glee bringing up The Matrix later in the class, though. And the Matrix totally illustrated the point we were talking about, too (about a lot of films having a plot twist near the beginning).

So, while I am insecure as a computer nerd right now, I'm still firmly a fantasy/sci-fi geek.

No comments: