Sunday, January 19, 2003

Well, I finally got the noise-cancelling headphones I keep whining about. Actually, I'm not sure they are. Nowhere on the package do they say they are noise canceling, yet they're very big, and rather expensive to not be cancelling sound. I looked and looked for ones that actually did say noise canceling, but the only ones that did were fifty dollars, rather than the approx. twenty dollars of the many other models comparable to the ones I bought. So I'm going to return them if they don't work properly. I am WAY too cheap to be upping the bill by $30 if I don't have to.

I also got the CD-R's I need for the class. I'm kind of annoyed, I only need 3, but they come in packs of 10. Buying seven more than I necessarily have to isn't enough more expensive that I really need to whine about it, but I do still think it's an awful waste. What am I going to do with the other 7 disks? And it's doubly annoying in that the TA offered to sort of pool everything together for us, but half the class was like, "I have blank CD's already." Which pisses me off because 1) it screws a good deal for me and 2) I hate people who pirate music*, and the only reason you're likely to have extra blank CD's is if you pirate music.**

Also, while I was there (Best Buy) I ended up getting a CD. I got 9 for Christmas, so I really don't need any....but there was a sale. I think one of the primary reasons I hate people who pirate music is because I'm Best Buy's Bitch. They OWN me. All the money I have that doesn't go to ISU in some form ends up in the claws of Best Buy. And it's my fault, for not being able to resist a sale. I really didn't want Good Charlotte's old album until it was reduced to 8 bucks. But when they did that, I was like, "They'll never have it that low again! "Little Things" was a good song! It's worth it!" Not only am I best buy's bitch, I'm the Queen of Rationalization. Oi.
_______
* Not people who D/L a couple songs from an artist and keep them on their computer, people who rip off entire CD's and burn them onto another CD. Also, I less hate the people who are like "I know it's wrong, but I do it anyway" than the people who don't believe me that it's wrong, or make dumb excuses for themselves like, "I can't afford them." Well, I can't afford a Ferrari, but I'm not going to go and steal one, moron!

** If you're a college student who isn't an ACS major or anything, like all of these people are. I know one Greyduck who would've responded to this with "I use them like floppy/zip disks to transfer large quantitys of information at a time, not to pirate music." If I didn't add this note :P

No comments: