Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Gah.

So I went into the station today, because they were having the boy's basketball playoffs, and they asked if I'd be available to help, and I was like, "Yes."

Because I figured: they really wouldn't bother bringing me in on a day off to do nothing, right?

WRONG.

All I ended up doing was riding along with another photographer, and holding the mic while he interviewed some people, which he could very well do himself. In fact, for 1 of the 2 games, he DID do that, because it had to be in the lockeroom with various high school boys in various states of undress, so I couldn't come in.

Then, the other job I was supposed to do, was take the tape from the first game back to the station so that the anchor could work on it while the photographer covered the second game. Not only did I get lost on the way back (GAH, I'm a total moron), but it didn't even matter because the anchor didn't even bother working on it.

The only good thing about the entire night was the two basketball games actually WERE good. Both of them were very, very close. One of them was even won in that stereotypical "by one foul shot with 7 seconds left" that they like to have in movies and tv. AND to make it more mighty ducks-like, that team was the underdog. Though I didn't know that until after. I WAS rooting for them, though, because they were such spazzes, I found it endearing. They kept just like, randomly tripping and falling down. But like, not when they were in the thick of it, just running down the court. When it really mattered, they weren't spazzy. And there was this especially tall spazzy guy that reminded me of this one kid from Freaks and Geeks (the geek that was taller than the other two). And another kid on that team was the spitting image of Clay Aiken. So I felt pity love for him, too.

Sucker love is known to swing
prone to cling and waste these things
pucker up for heaven's sake
there's never been so much at stake


"Every Me & Every You," Placebo

No comments: