Monday, March 21, 2005

Today at the station: again not so good of a day. Yes... time for another long rant.

First off I had to ask DB (douchebag) for his equiptment again. I'm sensing that this is going to be a regular part of my routine on Mondays and Fridays now. First off, he bitched about the battery for the camera light being dead last time I used it. BUT, I never used it that day. We'd already had a similar confrontation when I HAD used the light, but had actually gotten confused and thought it was broken and told him so and he was even more mad because I should've told someone so that if it was broken it'd get fixed.... Anyway, I didn't touch his damn light or light battery last time, and told him so. I've actually gotten to the point where if he yells at me for something totally unjustified, I'll yell back. Which is probably a bad habit for me to be doing to a superior, but... he makes me so mad sometimes. Anyway, he gave me this whole lecture anyway about how I should've still charged it, they always charge them at the end of the shift or something even if it doesn't need it. And I pretty much said, "well, how'm I supposed to know that?" and he got all, "you should ask, you don't want to learn, you don't even care blah blah blah" which I think is just poo. But it did make me feel bad... what if I'm NOT doing all I could? But... on the other hand, I borrow other people's stuff all the time and none of them ever give me crap, but he without fail gives me crap every time, so maybe he's just being DB.

So they tell me I'm going to these two high school all-star games in Bloomington that start at 6, but I can get there at 6:30 and it doesn't really matter. Until then, they actually had me go to a live shot with the guy I was talking about yesterday. So I got to learn about how to do a live shot, and help him with grunt stuff like watching the camera while he goes to the truck to do something. So I had a pretty decent time except the huge pole that telescopes up so that the sattelite is above most buildings wasn't working at first so we had to stand outside in the cold while he tried to figure it out and called up other people at the station who also couldn't figure it out... So anyway, he said I could probably leave at 5:45 and still make the games in Bloomington by 6:30. And I'm like, "Okay, but I'll probably leave at 5:30 to give myself a little extra time." Because by then there wasn't much to do anyway.

So at 5:30, I go to my van and exactly when I sit down I get a call from DB. He left his car keys in my van! And he was ANNOYED AT ME. For no reason I can tell. Was I the dumbass that left my car keys in the back of a van? No. So basically he tells me to stop off at the station on the way to bloomington, which I don't mind. Oh, and he was also pissed I was still at the mall, because he was just convinced my thing was at 6 even though I told him that they told me 6:30 was fine. But why would he be pissed? If I'd left by six, I'd be halfway to bloomington by the time he called and there's no way I'd have time to go back to give him his damn keys.

So on the way to the station: I hit HORRIBLE traffic that I did NOT foresee. Basically, even though I was on a freeway, we were going 20 miles per hour. Coming to a full stop occaisionally. The station's not THAT far away, and it took me half an hour. So now I'm freaking out that I'll be late. I get DB his keys and for once he's silent. Then I drive to bloomington.

I get there, late, of course. And am so frazzled I left the tapes in the car and had to go back and get one. And then.... of course, the camera won't work. I hit eject to open it up to put the tape in... and it wouldn't open. So I call up the station and finally find out that pushing on the door sort of unsticks it.

So then I'm like, ready to go... and the game ends. Which totally pissed me out, the scoreboard clearly said period 2, which gives me TONS of time, seeing as how basketball is supposed to be 4 quarters. But apparently.... they only wanted short games, since it's all-star and there's two of them. So... I have all these reasons I was late, Traffic, DB's keys, they SAID I could come at 6:30, unnaturally short game... but I don't want to be a whiner and be like, "oh, it's someone else's fault." That just sounds like I'm making up crap and blaming other people. But these people (if DB can be classified as a person) deserve blame! And I didn't want to screw up after yesterday, where I came late, and again had problems that I don't consider my fault.. I just don't want to be that incompetant person who whines about how it's not their fault.

Oh, and the second game went pretty smoothly, so that's alright. Except I DID do the stereotypical sports photographer blooper, i.e. getting knocked down by a player. But nothing broke and I wasn't hurt, so it was all good.

So I came back and told the sports guy (not-plastic-hair sports guy is actually pretty nice and understanding) and he already knew about my camera problems and didn't mind. So.... all that worrying... was for nothing, it was such a relief. So basically the only thing I'm still upset about that is just how mean DB is to me... but I guess he's just like that.

No comments: