Friday, March 11, 2005

I'm too lazy to type this out again, so you're going to get a transcript of an AIM conver where I was venting:

Phoemeister: oh, and at the beginning of the day this total douchebag photogapher was a total douchebag to me
Sui: that sucks
Sui: what happened?
Phoemeister: Well, there were no cameras left for me to shoot my stuff. But the douchebag's shift was about over, so they're like, "Ask him for his camera." And I'm scared of him anyway, because everyone is always like, "Man, he's such a douchebag!" behind his back. Anyway, I go over and tell him that, and he's pissed because he's in the middle of something. And he's like, "how soon do you leave?" which, I don't know. No one ever tells me anything about what I'm about to do, they just hand me a press release and shove me out the door. But no one had given me the press release yet. And "what are you shooting?" which again, I don't know. So anyway, the assignment giver outer overhears this, and shouts "SHE HAS TO GO RIGHT NOW." So I figure he hears that. But like, I'm standing there like 10 minutes. Finally, someone else is like, "(douchbag'es name), she has to go now!" And he's like, "She didn't tell me!" and both me and the other person are like, "Assignment lady just shouted it at you!" only he's already off towards the van with the gear.
Phoemeister: there's more
Sui: hah that sucks a lot
Phoemeister: So he goes out to the van and is like, "what gear do you need?" and I don't know what to tell him. Because I don't have any gear of my own, but even if I use his camera I prefer to use someone else's gear because I can only imagine what would happen to me if something broke while I was using it and it was his stuff. So I'm kind of like... "I don't know" which makes him insanely angry, and he's like, "WHAT GEAR DO YOU HAVE?" and finally I'm like, "NOTHING! I HAVE NOTHING, OKAY. IF YOU DON"T WANT ME TO USE YOUR GEAR, I DON"T CARE I CAN BORROW SOMEONE ELSE'S"
Phoemeister: and he's like, "NO I JUST WANTED TO KNOW HOW MUCH YOU HAVE."
Sui: hahah
Phoemeister: So he gets all the gear together for me, which I hate because I ended up without a lav (the little mic that you clip to people, and I like those way better than the stick mics, which is like, a regular mic) and the wireless transmitter to the mic instead of a mic cord. Which, the wireless is much more convenient. When it works. Which I'm always afraid it won't, it's more temperamental.

So anyway, when I was out his light wouldn't work, because I couldn't check it beforehand, which I'm sure I'll be blamed for. AND the wireless transmitter didn't work. For that, I ended up rummaging around in the van and finally found an extension mic cord. An extension mic cord is REALLY LONG. And this one is as tangled as hell. I swear, the people at the blooddrive actually felt so bad for me they helped me untangle it. So I'll probably get blamed for busting his transmitter too, though on that count, I think maybe I just don't know how to work the transmitter.
Phoemeister: So anyway, he almost made me cry. Just because he was in a hurry and didn't want to bother going out to switch gear. Which, if he'd just given me the damn keys to his van, he wouldn't have had to got up at all and I could've put together gear by myself.
Sui: aww : (
Phoemeister: I think he's even meaner than plastic hair.
Phoemeister: anyway, that was just getting it off my chest. The rest of my day went pretty well.
Sui: hehe well i'm glad I could listen to you vent
Sui: the stories are always fun
Phoemeister: OH
Phoemeister: here's another thing: I followed him out while he was getting stuff
Phoemeister: and I was standing between one of the vans and he wanted to get by
Phoemeister: and we did that thing where we both try to get by each other on the same side, but then change, but the other one changed sides too.... and he was like, "GET OVER THERE" and pointed somewhere
Phoemeister: he was so pissed
Phoemeister: even though that happens to like a frickin' million people all the time
Sui: hahah
Phoemeister: do I have ESP?
Sui: what a dick
Phoemeister: do I know which way he's going to move?
Phoemeister: No
Phoemeister: Where's the fire, buddy?
Sui: haha
Sui: yeah you're such a bastard

No comments: