Monday, March 14, 2005

So I skipped work today.

On Sundays (or any time I want to get in when it's not during "business hours") I have to get someone to let me in, because I don't have a keycard. Usually, ringing the doorbell works, though sometimes I have to whip out the cell phone and call people inside to make them let me in.

But when I got there today, no one was there. Absolutely no one. Which... usually I talk to the one crew that goes out on Sundays ahead of time so I know when they're going to be there, and go with them. But I forgot this time. When I don't consult with them and just show up at 2:00, the weatherman usually lets me in. But the weatherman's wife had a baby like, a week ago, so he's not been around. So I probably would've had to wait for the weekend anchor lady, who comes in maybe at 3. I should've probably been a dedicated employee and waited till 3. But I don't know for sure she comes in at 3. She pretty much runs the whole show on Sundays, she can come in whenever she wants, really. And... I knew I wasn't doing anything today, because I checked the assignments when I was in on Friday. And I don't get paid.

So I wrote a note on a very old flier from The Normal Theatre that was lying around in the back of my car, wedged it into the doorframe, and took off.

I'm very guilt ridden, too. But not enough to have stayed there the extra hour waiting.

No comments: