Monday, March 07, 2005

So yesterday, I was cooped up in a van most of the day. It was pretty annoying, epseically as we were in a hurry a good portion of the time which led to whiplash. The only good part of it was one story was this parade, and the weather was really nice and we had the windows down, and I got to sit in front because the other photog was actually on a fire engine.

I did do one vo myself. It was supposed to have a soundbite too, but I didn't quite catch all of the lady I interviewed's name on tape (and couldn't really remember it myself) and we can't use soundbites if we don't identify the people. It really pissed me off, because I know better. And also it sucks extra to get nagged about it afterwards if you know better.

One amusing thing was I got on TV. When I was following around the crew, I tried my damndest to stay out of the shots, but there was one I didn't do so well, I could see myself in the background, and the 'rents were dully impressed, despite the fact that it was what I was trying NOT to do. I thought the photog who editted that shot in did it on purpose because he thought it was funny, but he actually didn't notice he'd done that.

And I did enjoy the vo I did while I was there. It was this religious thing, and they had a BADASS choir. I totally rocked out.

Today I went out to shoot a vo/sot on the state basketball playoffs. Well a team that hopes to win or whatever. That went alright. But then I basically had nothing to do the rest of the day and read like, 2 years worth of Sluggy Freelance. I have to say, I liked online comics before, but now they're becoming the only way I survive work. Thank you, brave online cartoonists.

morning gray ignites a twisted mess of foreign shapes and sounds
I wish the ceiling was the ground
I'll send you flowers made of silent tiny pieces of the sun
to help me make up for this one


--"I Hate It Too," Hum

No comments: