Sunday, November 20, 2005



I got a phone call from the customer who's always in a permenant drug haze. He was all asking me to look up King of the Hill, and I listed out all the seasons we have and how much they cost, and then he was like, "thank you," and hung up on me.

And I got a phone call from this old confused customer who's always calling us up to look up obscure music albums and order them and then cancel them and then call us back up and yell at us for canceling the orders.... anyway, he makes you look up all the songs on each album and list them out to him. I've gotten to the point where I say them all in a kind of automated moviefone-like voice, so that the "I want you baby!" sort of titles sound less like I actually want whoever's on the phone. But I did break down and start giggling today when one of the song titles was "Do Me." I bet he's a dirty old man who does this on purpose.

We've also started this thing where if someone calls us up and puts something on hold, we put another book on hold that we think that customer might also like. I've been itching to try it out (for some reason I haven't been getting holds over the phone and thus no opportunity). But today I got two and I was all sad because neither person wanted something I could easily reccomend something else I liked for. Someone wanted some book of christian fiction, and so I put some other random christian fiction book in with it that looked like it was a bestseller or something and wrote "more great christian fiction!" on the slip where it says why we are reccomending it. The other one was Home Alone, and I put in Home Alone 3 and said, "More great Home Alone Fun!" True story.

I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow. For... no real reason. I just hate my hair. But I always hate my hair.

I'm thinking of getting bangs again.

No comments: