Friday, November 11, 2005

I sometimes wonder if I just tell myself that Kurt Vonnegut is my favorite author just because I want to feel smart. Because in that heap of books I bought, about half were Vonnegut and half were other assorted books, and I was like, "No... I don't want to read Vonnegut first!"

Though, Vonnegut's more challenging. And like I've said, I've been needing a fun easy book for awhile. But anyway, to be dutiful, I did start on God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater first. The others might take awhile, though. Because I think that's the only one I bought that I hadn't read before (the others I read at libraries or something), and no way am I going to pass up 3 Nick Hornby books I haven't read before and some pulp fantasy and sci fi that I really have been wanting for awhile to re-read Vonnegut.

I think my problem is though I like all Vonnegut, I think his earlier stuff is way better than the newer stuff. And I mostly did buy newer stuff. So... while I might be in a rush to re-read Galapagos, Cat's Cradle, or Breakfast of Champions, if I didn't already own them and have re read them a thousand times, some of the ones like Mother Night hold less of an appeal for me.

No comments: