Wednesday, November 23, 2005

So today I revealed to my coworkers I'm a commie.

At least, that's what I decided to abbreviate my B.A. in communications to. I don't know why, but I thought that was hilarious when I came up with it. I made sure to let Hootie know that her degree in psychology made her a psycho, and let TII know that his degree in History makes him histrionic. He was not amused... though I think secretly he was amused but pretends to disapprove of things. Today, as a joke, I was sitting around off the clock waiting for Sista (I'd already gotten off work for the day but we wanted to have dinner together during her break) reading High Times, and I proudly displayed it to him and he was all fake-horrified.

By the way: High Times is actually really boring except for the ads. The ads, however: Awesome. Urinetheclear.com and "the whizzinator" are both products I hope to invest in and make a fortune.

Speaking of Sista (which I was before I got sidetracked by High Times), she's probably the first person I know in real life who has read the blog, and her verdict is, and I quote, "so I just read my friend Phoe's internet blog and I was laughing so hard." That makes me relieved. I only even told one other person about my blog, and then she couldn't remember how to get to it and never asked again, so either she visited it and hated it and pretended she hadn't, or she genuinely didn't have enough interest. I'm hoping it's the latter. She's one of the gang of religious kids I hung out with in high school, and I'm pretty sure some of the stuff I've said on here could upset her. But she was all, "no, I really wouldn't get offended," before I told her, so who knows. I could actually probably use Sista's real name now that she knows about my blog, but I bet she would feel left out if she was denied a secret identity from my elaborate system of pseudonyms.

Sista is trying to hook me up with her friend GI Joe, by the way. Which I appreciate, as I need all the help I can get with men. Anyhow, I'm breaking the rule and calling him GI Joe (his real name is Joe) because it's too perfect of a nickname to pass up. Apparently he's in the Navy . So "Navy Joe" quickly became "GI Joe," and thus an embarassing nickname for someone who doesn't even know I exist was born. Anyway, she says GI Joe and I have the same kind of humor or something.



I WAS told I was awesome today. I was doing my usual friendly banter routine with the customers, and Lister was like, "Phoe, you're awesome" kind of out of nowhere. And I was like, "wha?" and he said he liked my customer banter.

Which, by the way, one of my stock pieces of banter is saying, "now don't spend it all in one place!" whenever a customer gets back a penny for change. Mulva was there while I said it once today, and he was like, "You're mocking the customer, Phoe! Now they'll feel bad about how they don't have any money anymore after shopping here!" and this was right in front of a customer, and since we have to hit them up for their email to give them coupons anyway, I kind of included her and was like, "well... if you give us your e-mail you can get coupons and be much richer after the next time you visit the store," and Mulva was like, "In spirit, Phoe. Richer in spirit."

I think we make a great team at bantering.

In other news (I just now noticed this is the longest post ever.... hahah, you losers still have to read it): I think my nephew is one o' them there genius babies. I mean, I'm kind of joking, but I'm kind of not. He's less than a year and a half old, and he's been going to the refrigerator when he wants food. And when someone opens it, he finds and gets out exactly what his favorite food is. AND, I forgot to mention this when he originally started it, but he throws garbage into the trashcan too. And like... he doesn't just throw everything in the garbage, he actually finds garbage and then goes to the trash can and throws it away. And he's done it multiple times, so it's not a fluke. By the time he is potty trained, I can just tell he's going to be our evil overlord, for sure.

No comments: