Thursday, November 03, 2005

Oh, and aside from poop things, my day was alright. Oh, except I got a flu shot. I HATE flu shots. Because first off, I hate shots. But secondly: they're pretty useless. I went like 10 years as a kid without ever getting the flu, and then one year my mom up and decides we have to get a flu shot every year or else we're going to get the flu and it'll be horrible and we'll linger near death blah blah blah blah pointless fears.

And actually, for awhile I kind of believed her. I mean, not that linger near death blah blah blah blah stuff, but the fact that flu is shitty and this is a good way to avoid the flu. But the thing is: no one ever gets the flu! I was the only one I knew getting the flu shot for like, another 10 years, and I never knew anyone who got the flu. And every year they're all, "Oh, there's some horrible strain from ______" plug in the name of some random place in Asia. But it never comes! They're full of crap! Then, last year, there was the flu shot shortage, and my mom was going nuts, and eventually she badgered some place or ever to let her have it because of her lung problems and flu would be worse on her than a regular person. But I never got it. And everyone was all convinced the flu season would be a thousand times worse because all the people who usually get flu shots wouldn't. But neither I, nor anyone I knew, got the flu.

But anyway, I did decide to get it anyway this year, because people are always coming in the store, sneezing all over things, and then handing them to me. If the flu hits this town at all, I'm coming into contact with it, so I might as well be safe.

But my arm hurts. And every year I manage to wham my arm into something while it's still sore and almost kill myself, I'm not looking forward to THAT smooth move.

Also, new Karaoke Supernova.

No comments: