Saturday, November 12, 2005

So today, the lady from the fender bender totally came into the store. At least I think it was her. I'm 99% sure it was the woman. But like, in case of that 1% I didn't want to go off on an innocent person. And even if she was the right person, it would probably not look good for me to be having an altercation with someone in the middle of the store.

But I mean, I wanted to go up to her and be like, "Could you give me your insurance? You scratched the hell out of my car, you know. Oh? What? It was my fault? Like hell it was! I was too scared to stand up to you before, but now I'm in my element and I have 5 other coworkers in here that love me and will help me give you a beat down if you start something today. Stopping to call me a bitch yesterday is one thing, coming in here, where I WORK, and trying to make me feel bad about YOUR mistake is another."

I settled for pointing her out to Hootie. Who, by the way, was really sweet about it. Later, after she'd been there awhile (the fender bender woman was in the store a really long time) I was like, "She still hasn't left!" in despair, and Hootie was like, "I know, I've been keeping an eye on her." And then later, Mouse found out he'd actually rung her up at the registers and was all, "Why didn't you tell me it was her!?" And apparently I'd been up at the registers too at the time but hadn't noticed (all day I kept getting these transactions that there was some crazy procedure to, so I bet it happened then while I was focusing in on that), and Hootie had too, and was like, "Yeah, I was trying to hustle through the transaction I was on so I'd get her and you wouldn't have to ring her up."

And Mouse was also really nice, I told the whole story to him after that, including this bit where the lady called me a fat-ass bitch* he was like, "you're not fat at all," and I was like, "Yeah, I know." And he's like, "I mean, really, you're not even close." I think he was afraid I was going to get a complex from being called fat or something.

In other news, Mulva** had his job interview today. I didn't really get to talk to him, but I caught a glimpse of him on the way to boss-boss's office. And afterwards boss-boss said she liked Mulva and is probably going to hire him if his references check out. So hooray for him!

One last thing, I wanted to mention last night, is Hootie had the best line ever. Apparently one of her kids has a ton of Transformers, and she told me the number, and I was like, "wow," and she's like, "Yeah, try transforming all of THOSE fuckers." And it was hilarious.
___
* Which didn't make me mad, actually. I mean... first off, I'm not fat. And then secondly, it's just so random. Like, you're arguing about a traffic thing, and you're losing, so you just bust out, "Yeah, well you're fat!" Hootie and I found it so hilarious that after that I just kept randomly calling coworkers fat as a joke. Ummmm... it was a lot funnier in person. Especially since some of my coworkers are extremely skinny. It's like, "errr... you just called me fat?" and I'd be like, "Yeah, fattie!" ....again, funnier and less mean spirited than it sounds.

** This is the guy from my film class that stopped in awhile ago and we ended up chatting, and then I had to backpedal when I realized it was actually this guy who I obviously DO know The name Mulva is from that Seinfeld episode where he has no idea what the name of the woman he's dating is. He starts trying to play tricks on her to get her to say her name, and one of them is "when you were a kid, what names did the other kids call you," and she mentions something like, it was too easy because her name rhymed with a part of the female anatomy. So later he and George are brainstorming names that she could have, and George is like, "Mulva!" ...yeah. I watch too much TV.

No comments: