Monday, November 28, 2005

Today, somehow Mulva and I got to imagining what it would be like if Yoda rapped. And while it didn't really conform to Yoda's talking patterns, I have to say I found bits like, "Sideous is hideous!" and "I got nookie from a wookiee!" so hilarious I hurt afterwards.

Then he told me that Yoda probably was lying about getting nookie from a wookiee, and that Yoda is full of hubris and arrogance when he starts rapping.

In other news: I think I'm going to start calling "new guy" "el camino" after his bitchin' El Camino. And also: he's growing on me, and there's like 50 other new people right now anyway. Because since El Camino started, Mulva, a cashier, a new cafe guy, and three booksellers have started, so he's really not that new, relatively.

Kevin cracked me up today. He was throwing away old magazines and being like, "Uh, oh, phoe! This is your last chance to read __________" whatever horrible gossip mag he happened to be throwing away. And I'd pretend to be all horrified. Then I had him cover while I went to the bathroom, and I told him thanks, and he was like, "Yeah, well, I had to. I thought to myself, what would Mary Kate do?" and holds up a magazine with the Olsen twins on the cover extolling the virtues of Mary Kate's "new healthy diet."

And I was like, "Yeah. Well you know what? Mary Kate would also lend me fifty bucks to bet on the ponys. I have a hot tip." And then we discussed whether or not Mary Kate Olsen would lend me money for various underhanded purposes.

I finally had my lunch with boss-boss, and she thinks it's funny that I say the good folks at Barnes & Noble fart into their books. So I guess she can't be all bad.

In other news, it's going to turn into the people who know Phoe store! I swear, one of the new people actually knows me (though didn't put my name on their app like Mulva did)! I saw the new people today and was all surprised when I found out. Anyway, she's one of my old TV-10 buddies, so that's cool.

New KS

No comments: