Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Sorry for the rapid fire posts, but I keep meaning to post things and then remember them and then make a new post, and then remember another thing....

Anyway, it's kind of funny to think of things you've done that leave a mark on a place. Like, the keyboards at the registers used to be hella gross, but Carmax cleaned them, so I always think of her there when I use them. Or at least I will till they get gross again.

I was thinking of the things I've done to either improve or deface my workplace, and most of them were at the registers too. And I think almost no one knows I've done them. Here they are:

--I took all the paperclips and linked them all up. No one even noticed until weeks after I did it.

--I wrote the smartass comments on the cashier talking points cards. They've been replaced.

--I made and hung an oragami star on one side of the computer.

--I drew one of my bizarre drawings and then shoved it under the glass counter. This I did nearly at the start of the job, before I realized that if there's nothing to do at the register, I still have to pretend like I'm doing something, rather than draw. I actually mentioned it to Carmax the other day, and she was like, "That was you????" Apparently actual customers had thought it was cool and would ask her who did it. I was a little depressed, I looked for it today, and it was gone.

No comments: