Friday, March 14, 2003

I got underwear today. Yep, I lead a very gripping life. Thankfully, though my mother went along, she managed not to be embarrassing. Not that she's all that embarrassing. Just, underwear buying with your mother has a collossal potential to become embarassing. Also, I got her not to call them "panties." There's just something about the word that really puts me off. I don't mind saying or hearing underwear, lingerie, or most terms for underwear, but the P-Word just makes me shiver with disgust. I couldn't even tell you why. Maybe its just words that start with p and end with the y sound, because I find the word potty vaguely disturbing as well, though not so much as the Other Word.

Anyway, I (yes, I am a 21st century woman, describing my underwear over the internet) went in a new direction this time. For the longest time I've gone with all-out grandmother underwear, but since I wear low-riding pants, I look kind of dumb when I do that. I got no end of teasing from my flat-mates in london about them. So I bought these things called "hipsters" that are still pretty conservative, but at least don't show above my pants. The only problem is they still freak me out. They sort of accentuate a fat roll I have down there, and it's horrible, because I keep looking at myself in them going, "I'm fat I'm fat I'm fat I'm fat." Which, I don't think I'm overly obsessed with that sort of stuff, but it still bugs me. So now I have to decide if I want my underwear to say to me, "You're a creepy dork who wears old lady underwear," or "You're a fat tub of lard." Hard decision.

Oh, and I know I'm the most annoying person in the world for always being like, "I have to do my homework," over and over and not doing said homework, but aaaaaahrg! I have to do my homework. It's getting really hard to make myself do this stuff anymore.... I should've started this lot tuesday at the latest, and here it is: friday. And I'm pretty sure I'm not going to start tomorrow. And my dad's taking me to a movie tomorrow, so that gives me 3/4ths of a week's work to do in one day, due to my own laziness. I hate, hate, hate this so much. I just keep wanting to drop school and stop bothering with what I've worked my ass off for the last 2 1/2 years. AAAAAHRG.

On a brighter note, I have to give a shout out to Dark Sith for also linking to me recently. I told you this was a linky time for me.

No comments: