Saturday, March 22, 2003

Recording the commercial was actually a lot of fun. I still have some editting to do, I'm not sure whether or not I'll lay down a music bed under it, and I pray that it'll come out the right length, but the voices and sound effects are recorded, just barely in time. Anyway, it was a blast. My sister and her husband (the voices of the commercial) kept making me laugh so hard with crazy adlibs and impressions. And also, I think my entire commercial has the product name mispronounced throughout. But it'll still be a nice ad.

And I almost wish I recorded a "director's cut." I can see it now, "This part, where he sounds excited--he says he gained such expertise at fake-excited from having a job where he spends 30 hours a day on the phone being nice to people he wants to throw up on. This part is where she assured me that Prius was pronounced this way. This is the part where he said the sound of gas pumping makes him have to pee. After the fourth cut, they started telling me I should hook up with the TA who was helping me find sound effects." Very entertaining.

No comments: