Saturday, March 22, 2003

I hate myself right now. I have so, so much schoolwork to get done, and no time to do it in, and it's all my fault. I haven't done anything remotely constructive the entirety of last week. Today I'm supposed to record my radio ad with my sister and her husband, but I looked at the assignment sheet just now, and I realize I haven't done half of the work I should've (i.e. getting the script to them ahead of time so they could practice, recording all of my sound effects on carts ahead of time). I have to cram this all into the one piddly hour I registered for, and hope for the best.

I'm skipping a major program for El Classo Diablo all out. It's in unix, which I know nothing about. If a class on unix was a prereq for El Classo Diablo, I would not mind this. But they're foisting a non-intuitive platform on me that I'm not familiar with, while I try to do something I can't even regularly do well on platforms I do know. I gave up. Hopefully I can still make a C in the class. If I have to take it again, I will shoot myself.

For media writing, I have a midterm (weird because the middle of the term was awhile ago) on wednesday. A test on material I haven't been reading because I've been tied up in El Classo Diablo, or regular slacking off. And on monday, I have the script for a TV news story that I haven't worked at all on. I should've. I even had the time to. But I just can't motivate myself.... I just sit around and watch TV all day. Or blog. Or blog bout how I just sit around and watch TV all day. This is why I'm hating myself right now.

No comments: