Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Am rather dismayed by parking, I had thought I solved my problems. But no. Apparently my other class times are just better for finding parking than 10 a.m. Monday/Wednesday. So I pulled the same stupid trick again today, after going through 3 different lots (watching 4 other cars peforming the same fruitless search with me each time, making it impossible even if I did get lucky and someone left the lot, because any one of them would be better at getting there first, with the narrow lanes that I'm unable to turn around in and the fact that I'm a sucky driver) and starting to freak out about being late. And again, it worked. But I am hesitant to become dependent on this, because if they catch me I could pay a pretty hefty fine. Grrr, stupid ISU.

Also dismayed by the load of reading I have to do for school, though I've mentioned this before. My one prof wants me to read the usual stupid garbage (which, honestly, I'm probably going to skimp on a lot), and the lit prof is making us read one or two chapters of a textbook each week PLUS an entire work of fiction each week. Which... this week isn't so bad, I have Catcher in the Rye. It's easy, short, and most of all: a book I actually enjoy. But what am I going to do when I have to try to plow through Death of a Salesman? It could be the most awesome play ever and I'm going to hate reading it, for the simple reason that (in my opinion) plays are the worst ever to read. I either watch the play or read a novel. I don't want to just read the play. *sigh*

No comments: