Thursday, August 05, 2004

Whoa.... is it possible to love Ben Folds even more?

I got an e-mail from his website saying that some EP I ordered is going to be late.

Here's the rub: I haven't ordered anything from his website since January. And I got it in January.

So.... the options are:

1) I somehow pre-ordered the new EP a long time ago but don't remember. (I guess this one will be proved or disproved by whether or not a charge shows up on my credit card eventually. If it turns out I did buy it and forgot, I'm going to feel like a complete loon for forgetting)
2) Computer glitch at the website. (doubtful)
3) Someone punked me in a nice way by ordering it for me, only their plot is ruined by shipping delay. (kind of doubt it as I've already questioned the only other person I know who tracks Ben's releases very closely)

or, this is the one prefer to believe:

4) Ben, realizing that I am the perfect woman for him, has started sending me free merchandise in a bid to coax me to marry him and have his babies. Ben, don't bother! I'm already yours! You had me at "She's a brick and I'm drowning slowly." (high probability)

Now that I have found someone
I'm feeling more alone
than I ever have, before


--"Brick" Ben Folds Five

No comments: