Monday, August 30, 2004

So, I fiiinally found a parking space. In a lot that makes all my previous bitching about how far away I was having to park make me look stupid, because this is two or three times the walk. Not cool.

However: there does seem to be a shuttle that takes people from that lot closer to campus. My problem today was I didn't know the schedule, and the idiots don't have it posted, and I really didn't want to end up late because I hung around for a shuttle that wasn't going to come and get screwed and all. But now that I have looked it up, I am feeling better about the whole thing.

After my first class, I directed at TV-10. Which, I'm still not as good as I'd like, but I guess that comes with time. Then, it ran late (it was a mock broadcast and we're trying to get into the groove of things, so we did parts of it more than once). And since I have a 20 minute commute home, not to mention the amount of time it takes to actually walk to my car, and my class gap's not that huge, I decided to hang around and got lunch and do a couple of ISU-related errands.

One thing I needed to do is get COM 398.01 (my internship) into the computer. I'd tried doing it already, but it said that I wasn't approved to take it, which they had said they approved. So I went to the Com advisement office, and before I can even describe to them what my problem is, the lady's all, "No, you can't sign up for anything yourself, the registration period's over. You have to go to the registrar's office and have them put it in you." And I wanted to say, "You're full of shit! If it's past the registration period, it won't even let you log into the registration system yourself, but it did let me, it just wouldn't let me pick this class." But I schlepped all the way over to the registrar anyway.

The lady at the registrar's office was pissed off. Not at me, but apparently a lot of idiotic advisors are telling people that, whereas I was right, the self-registration period is NOT over yet. My particular problem, she informed me, was that someone in the com office screwed up and approved me for section ONE of COM 398.01, when I needed section two. Which is actually a big difference, because section one is a radio internship or somesuch. So I walked all the way back to the com office and told them what the registrar lady said, and they fixed it for me, which maybe they would've been able to do in the first place if they had listened to me instead of foisting me off onto the registrar's office. So then I walked to a computer lab to self-register. And then I hung out for awhile, one of the few compliments I will give to stupid ISU is that they have pretty nice computers in their labs, and enough computers that it is easy to get in.

Also: was able to register for a gmail account, I'm trying it out. Actually, I guess technically, I could've gotten it awhile ago (blogger was giving out invites) but my computer was having problems with the registration page, so I thought blogger was giving out faulty invites. So I got an invite from someone else, and it wouldn't work, but then I got wise and did it at school. True story.

Anyway, if anyone wants an invite, or wants to help me test out the account by sending some e-mail my way, or just wants to send me random e-mail because they love me that much, I'm phoemeister at gmail dot com.

No comments: