Monday, August 23, 2004

So... I'm kind of screwed. Living at home and commuting to school was a bad, bad idea. How bad?

Well.... the bastards oversell the permits for the commuter lots. Which, I realized I was never, ever going to get a good parking spot and that I'd have to walk an eternity to get to anything even if I DID get a "good" parking space, because the commuter lots are way far away from anything.

What I didn't realize was that I couldn't get ANY spot. In any of the lots. And that I'd freak out today and end up parking in one of those places a lot of parking lots have that is really not a parking space, but you can manage to fit your car in there. Which is a bad idea, because ISU lots are VERY ticket happy, and I can see myself shelling out sixty bucks for pulling that. But I had to get to class. I had to put my car somewhere. And I paid good money for this damn parking pass in the first place.

So I either get to wake up at 6 a.m. to try and find a spot or repeat this excercise every day. Twice every day. I have a HUGE gap in my schedule that is pretty hard for even a champion loiterer to fill by loitering around campus.

First class: nightmare. Not taught by the dude who gave me WAY too much work last semester, but this prof is actually friends with last semester dude. And he was saying how initially he had way more work for us, but that the last semester dude was like, "Whoa! That's too much." So he's pretty hardcore. And also: he likes the WAY too artsy and/or old films, which I've had my fill of by now.

On the bright side, I visited TV-10 to get my paperwork and things for interning there again. I'm really disapointed that I couldn't get a "real" internship, but am happy to be back in my comfortable niche with people I know and work well with.

Do you professors give values to these and then trade them amongst yourselves?

--a classmate of mine, on the 3 x 5 cards all the profs make us fill out at the beginning of the semester.

No comments: