Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Okay.... I'm wondering if this happens to anyone else:

I get these really bizarre memory flashbacks from music. I mean.... they say music can help with memory, that if something big happened to you while a song was playing, that song could remind you of it. But have you ever had just.... a stunningly mundane memory, of something you did every day, but a song reminds you of it? Honestly, these are just a few of my bizarre connections:

"Wandering," Ben Folds -- I remember waiting for the grill at the dining center to make me a grilled cheese sandwich.
"Summerland," Everclear -- Walking to chemistry lab freshman year.
"Little Discourage," Idlewild -- Walking down the stairs at my residence hall.
"Goodbye Tonight," Lost Prophets -- Walking up the stairs at Centennial West on the way to Early American film class last semester.
"Still Fighting It," Ben Folds -- Riding to the place my family goes for ice cream once.
"Stanley Climbfall," Lifehouse -- Waiting for the elevator at my res. hall.
"King of the World," The Old 97's -- Walking to East Asian history class sophmore year.
"Hiding Place," Idlewild -- Walking to one of my summer classes.

What is up with that? Maybe it's because I wear my headphones everywhere. Or that I'm crazy. Whatever. I just feel the need to see if there are more like me out there.

For your sake I hope heaven and hell
are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath
you wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?
you wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?


--"The Ocean Breathes Salty," Modest Mouse

No comments: