Thursday, September 01, 2005

3rd day of work today. I had a little more training, but basically did a whole lot of stuff by myself.

It was hard. I forgot to take the plastic thing people can't open off someone's CD. I left someone on hold too long, and they hung up. This one African guy (he had an accent) is all convinced the store is racist because I couldn't find some book about how America is racist for him. And a ton of other times I dropped the ball and/or had to find someone to help me.

But... I did have some things go fairly well, so... And they kept telling me I was doing alright, except for maybe the incident where I forgot the plastic thing off the CD. "Hire for attitude, train for skill." So... yeah. Here's hoping.

Legs still sore. And I have to figure out what the hell I'm supposed to do over my lunch hour. I'm like, legally obligated to take off the entire hour. But I bolt my food down in two minutes. So what I've been doing is (I've been bringing my lunch) eating my lunch in my car in a parking lot somewhere and then sitting around there afterwards like a serial killer. But I don't want to get up and hang around any of the other stores nearby because my legs are so tired and they need all the rest they can get.

But my other options....

1) Break room. I would hate to sit around afterwards. I get twitchy when I'm sitting around with nothing to do, and if anyone's around, I don't want them seeing me be all twitchy, and also from what I can see, not a lot of people ARE around, so if I got over that, I'd still have nothing to do.

2) Cafe. The store has a section that's a little coffee shop/cafe. And I do get an employee discount. But I would still think it's a bit expensive for me. I mean, I only make 7 bucks an hour, I don't want like, an hour each day dedicated just to make back the money I spend on lunch there. And again I'd still have to sit around afterwards. And both of these options, I can't bring in a book or a cd to entertain myself in the remaining time because there's this whole process that I can see why they do it, but is a huge pain where if you bring in anything the store sells (magazine, book, cd) you have to get it registered so that they know when you take it back home you're not stealing anything.

3) Going somewhere else to eat. There are a couple of fast-ish restaurants in the immediate area, but no fast food. So I'd be worried that somehow I'd go over time. Also, they'd be even more expensive than the cafe at the store.

I dunno. I think I'll probably break down and bring in a book or something and/or go to the cafe eventually. But right now I don't have any books I want to read. And I have this bag of fish crackers I got awhile ago that I'm using for my lunches (I know, I have a horrible nutritional intake) that I want to use up.

No comments: