Wednesday, September 28, 2005

JHJKLKKGJMJHKJHHTFYFTFYGTUOILK&U:?LOPOYUTYTFD FYTRRFYTFHTIY TRYUIHBJYJIKYYHGIIG UHVVJHIUJIUHGHIFUY TGUGYLOIKUJIKU JOIHLLKOIJGYHYUFF YUDYTRRETD^YIKYUYUT&UIU YIYUYKUTF IIFKRTYU!!!!!!!!!!

That was me mashing my fingers into the keyboard because I'm so pissed off.

Anyway, have you ever known someone who you're always having fights with and none of these fights are actually about the thing you're ostensibly fighting about? Just, out of the blue they pick a fight with you about something you do all the time and they've never been pissed at you about before because something else is bothering them?

Yeah, welcome to my world. My mom just went off on me tonight. See, we have a huge dinner table. Six spots. Only three people eating at it. And yet... we have a space problem. First off, my mom has a TV on the table. Which I've said before: I really hate. She's like a zombie. She can't be without TV a single minute, even for dinner. EVEN when there's nothing on anyway that she wants to see. But anyway, the TV takes up space.

Then, my dad has a whole bunch of crap on one side of the table. And then my mom has even more crap on her side of the table. I mean, I'm talking a lot of crap. Our table is COVERED in junk.

So lately, I've started my own little pile, because it's nice when I have an early work day to have everything I need right there to go in the morning without having to think about it or search for it. But unlike their piles, mine is actually AT my spot. Of course, there's no other place to put it, what with all their crap. Anyway, I have to move it every time we have dinner together. Most of the time I just move half of it and make the rest of the pile just as small as possible.

Well mom just WENT OFF on me about that pile of stuff, she said I didn't move enough of it, she wanted to put the tuna cassarole right there and I had my own place setting and there was a couple other bowls of stuff, and it all has to go in my spot because EVERYWHERE ELSE ON THE TABLE IS FULL OF THEIR CRAP AND/OR A TV. And I of course pointed out (after she had gone to def con 3 screaming her lungs out at me) that they have way more junk on the table. And I get, "Well we live here and pay for things so we get all the table space we need."

WHAT??? I mean... WHAT THE HELL? I just... I can't get over that she said that to me. Since I got my job (and even before) I've asked BOTH of them a THOUSAND times if they wanted me to carry more of my financial weight around here or move out, and they always say it's okay, I can stay with them as long as I want, I don't have to pay for food or rent or anything. Secondly, my mom hasn't had a job since the 70's. She's living off Dad's retirement money just as much as I am. She doesn't contribute a dime and everything she's ever done in terms of taking care of me and my sister is obviously not being contributed anymore either. Furthermore, she does NO housework and even gets pissed if my dad or I try to do it ourselves because we don't do it right in her eyes because we don't do it the exact fucking way that she wants. On top of this, she spends Dad's money like a drunken sailor on leave. So I am NOT the parasite here.

Instead of telling her this, I point out that I've been doing this exact same thing (the pile) for almost two months now, and she's never been pissed before, so why the hell did she just EXPLODE on me out of nowhere? She says it's like a fungus. That I pile things everywhere and it just spreads and spreads. Okay, I admit to this: I DO pile a lot of things around. I'm just not a neat person, and if I use something a lot in a certain place I just never bother putting it away, I leave it around there. Her and I have had many fights from minor tiffs to major ones over the years about how much crap I leave around. BUT: I do clean most of it up periodically when she asks, or even sometimes out of the blue just to be nice. And this PARTICULAR pile wasn't a pile of new stuff that I had not had lying around the house before, more I moved it from a place where she hated it even more than it being on the table. So I don't think of that as a spread so much as a translocation.

Anyway, what pissed me off 100X more than the fungus remark, which like I said at least had some basis (though again, I still wonder why this ongoing thing about my sloppiness got such a violent response out of NOWHERE), is that I start explaining to her my translocation defense and she just starts talking to dad about something, totally ignoring me. This is the first time I can even recall she's done this to me during a fight, and I have to say I hope it doesn't become a trend, because I saw red. I really couldn't take it. She just picks this fight with me and starts ignoring me when I try to defend myself? I yelled at her that I didn't appreciate being ignored, and she yelled back that she was ignoring me because I was yelling at her and not showing her the respect due to her as my mother, and I yelled back that she was the one who just started yelling like a banshee at me out of nowhere and then she starts ignoring me again and I wanted to punch her in her fat stupid face, but I just shut up. It's not worth it. The second I have enough money I'm just going to get the fuck out of here and whenever she gives me crap I can tell her to suck my balls because I'm not dependent on her anymore.

No comments: