Saturday, September 17, 2005

I should be asleep. I have to get up early tomorrow. But... it's hard to go right to sleep right after coming home from work.

So I'll tell you about my day:

--I'm getting to know my coworkers better, or at least feel better conversing with them, but when I think about it, they're probably learning a disturbing amount too much about me. For instance, today, I got in a reference to a comic from the online comics "Better Than Cheeses," that compares Robocop to Christ. But to be fair: I'm not the one who brought up Robocop to begin with.

--I had a music conversation. Man, I don't know which blog to blog that on either. I guess it'll be here for now, anyways: they play a lot of different stuff over the overhead to promote it to customers, and right now there's this cover of Wonderwall on, and it reminded me of this Paul Anka CD (which, while I don't have it, I am always tempted) where he covers all these rock tunes but his style. And that made my one coworker be like, "that reminds me of this Ben Folds cover of Bitches Ain't Shit, it's hilarious!" and I was all whiny about how I've never heard it due to Itunes difficulties but I love the hell out of Ben Folds, and I secretly loved her for bringing up Ben Folds, and we got to talking about concerts from there and she told me her thoughts on Motley Crue. It was good times!

--I stickered/unstickered things. Man, I hate that, because I couldn't find half of them and was worried I was doing it wrong. And I did some, and went on break and was like, "I hope someone ends up doing this while I'm on break" and then no one did and I had to continue doing it. It reminds me of this whole thing in the bookmarks which has been a monkey on my back for like a week now, and I wonder why no one else ever gets it done during the days I'm not there.

--My parents came in for a visit. Actually, it's my fault they're even there (not that I mind). There's this e-mail coupon campaign they're running at the store that we've been flogging the hell out of, and I signed my mom up for it, so she came into the store to use her newfound coupons. And it turned out they came right when my break started, so I could hang out with them, and they bought me a snack in the cafe. But I was all weirded out, I need clearer rules on the "when can we use our employee discount?" front. Since they were paying (and I didn't have any money on me anyway), I didn't try and get the discount, but then one of my managers, who was ringing them up, asked me for my number so he could give us the discount, but I don't have it memorized and the paper I have it written on was very far away. Anyway, I was a little surprised by the whole thing, as they were SO "don't give any friends or family your discount!" when they went over it in training.

--There was this guy twigging out on meth or something in the store, I could tell. He made me look up all these albums by mediocre (in my opinion) bands, Nickelback, Trapt, and Staind. But I'd be in the middle of looking up trapt, and he springs nickelback on me, and before I even get to nickelback, he springs staind on me, and it's like, "one thing at a time," and then he didn't even buy any of them, he bought this sushi kit thing that he had put on hold earlier even though we have like a thousand of them and it only costs like 2 bucks because it's a bargain book. Then like, he came in again an hour later and wanted me to look up a movie only he couldn't remember what it was. And as well as the way he talked, the rapid, rapid blinking is what clued me on to the drug use.

Also, New Karaoke Supernova

No comments: