Saturday, September 24, 2005

Today was pretty slow. I have got to stop being so chatty, though. Now that I know more of my coworkers I end up standing around talking with them more than I probably should. The one I ended up spending most of my time with during inventory I hadn't seen in awhile, and she ended up coming in on her off time and I found myself spending like, 20 minutes talking to her while pretending to straighten books, and then go around looking for customers for awhile and doing any other actual work I could find, and then after finding nothing to do going back and talking to her again. I like the fact that I get along well with so many people, though. I'm really friendly with all the people who are fairly new like I am (about four) and fairly friendly with most of the rest of the people, including managers. I'm also glad that none of them have been frightened by my bizarre humor. Especially at night. For some reason after close I just get hyper as hell and these random things just come spouting out of my mouth.

Oh, and no one ever buy Altoids sour cherry chewing gum. I had a lot of garlic at dinner so I went to get some gum to cover it up, and I saw the altoids sour gum and was like, "Well, I like their sour candy." Well: it's even more sour. It made my eyes just stream tears, and I had to decide after that to go around with garlic breath or looking like I was crying. And the sourness never wore off. If you could get that kind of staying power with gum that actually tasted good, I think you'd have a good product on your hands.

No comments: