Monday, September 05, 2005

I must be a glutton for feet-punishment on my day off, because today was my second one and again, I went out walking around with my family. We went to the Shoppes at College Hills, which is this mall that they recently tore down and then rebuilt as an outdoor mall. That seems kind of dumb to me, I don't see how being outside will all the sudden turn a profit (the mall was failing pretty bad before they tore it down), especially since the weather here is horribly hot in the summer and horribly cold in the winter, and rainy in spring. Who's going to want to wander around an outdoor mall then?

Anyway, it has a ton of different shops from when it was a regular mall, and this was the first chance for us all to go and see it. On the whole: I think the pretentious "shoppes" name fits, because a ton of it was these stores that I couldn't afford and even if I could I wouldn't want to waste that much money on clothes. About the only good new store was Gordman's, which I'd never heard of before we got it, but is apparently a department store. I actually got a ton of stuff there. Not only was it cheaper, but my mom was nice and paid for it on the grounds that back when my sister started working in corporate America, my mom bought her some work clothes. So actually, she's getting a deal since I don't have to dress up that much at work.

I got two pairs of pants, one is kind of dark green and velvety and the other is black with white pinstripes and this aqua sash-thing. Yeah, the description makes it sound horrible, but they're two very nice pairs of pants. Except I don't need pants, I have a buttload of ones of my own plus some my sister got too skinny for and gave me. But I really liked them, and my mom didn't mind buying them, so I guess it's okay.

I got an aqua shirt to go with the sash on the one pair of pants, two sweatery shirts with collars that fake the two shirts look, and three zip up sweaters to wear when it gets colder out over stuff instead of my beat-up hoodies which until now I'd wear everywhere over everything in the winter.

Then we went to Target which is one of the few remaining stores from the old mall. I got a couple CD's (Keane--Hopes and Fears and Aqualung--Strange and Beautiful). Honestly, Target might not have the best selection but they've always had very good prices on music. And though the store I work at has a very good selection of CD's, they are SO expensive that it comes out to the same price as Target with my employee discount. So I figured I might as well buy them at Target, though I felt a little disloyal.

After that, I had another migraine again and laid around listening to my new CD's. Until now. So there you go.

Also: new karaoke supernova.

No comments: