Tuesday, September 20, 2005

So today I did merch, which is basically stocking things. Tuesday's big for that, that's when all the new releases of everything come out. It was nice, I think merch is one of my favorite things, especially when there's enough room, which there was, because related to inventory the other night, the people who do inventory were taking down old things no one has bought in forever and sending them back to the corporate office.

So if anyone wanted to know: Neil Gaiman's new book, the sequel to American Gods, is out. I'm probably going to wait till it's paperback to read it, though. Also, the new Coheed & Cambria is out, and a soundtrack to The Corpse Bride, and the Rockstar: INXS album. And a new Bob Dylan documentary, and The Longest Yard, and an extended cut of Mallrats. That's about all the stuff I even remember that came out. That's a public service from ME to YOU.

A guy dissed Ben Folds, and I have the ensuing angry rant on KS. Really, he should've gone home and dissed Ben Folds on his blog, like I did with another coworker's love of Lenny Kravitz. Though: actually the Lenny Kravitz guy is pretty nice, and we were talking about Bob Dylan and The Band today, so it's not like Lenny's the only thing he listens to. Also I have thoughts on Rockstar: INXS and Coheed & Cambria. So it's a big post.

I got 2 different compliments on what I was wearing today, which was cool. Rarely do I get clothes compliments, so it made me happy. This was on the turquoise shirt/black pants combo I got at Gordman's not that long ago. It's kind of dressier than I have to wear for the store's dress code, but it's nice to dress up once in awhile, especially since this particular outfit is about as comfortable as my less fancy clothes are anyway.

My parents took me out to dinner tonight, and we went to the new "Noodles," which rocked. Any restaurant that serves mac and cheese not just as a kid's item: A-Okay in my book. I had parmesan and buttered noodles myself, actually. And it was pretty good.

My day didn't start out that great, though. I had a really early shift, but couldn't get to sleep very early. Then, of course, my parents are watching my baby nephew this week. And of course, he's getting his molars in. And of course, in their infinite wisdom, they put him in my sister's old room, separated from mine only by a very thin wall.

Weirdly, though I've spent the last four or five years as a nightowl, I think I am a morning person, because at the end of my shift, even though I didn't get so much sleep, I felt less tired than at the end of most of them. Buuut--maybe that was because I pretty much did merch all day. Being cashier can be tiring.

Also: there's something wrong with my car :/ The day before I was out driving, and this huge storm blew up, the worst that I think I've ever driven in. And then this morning, I get in my car and it sounds like one of those motorcycles some jackass purposefully made so loud it ruptures your eardrums as it goes past. So I'm thinking it's something wrong with my muffler, but my worried mind can't help but worry it's something with my engine or transmission. But my parents are so wrapped up in the 'phew that they aren't really being helpful about it, and I don't know anything about the subject, so I'm kind of waiting on their OK.

I'm also kind of irritated, I finally got my little packet about employee benefits awhile ago, and I want to get it filled out and sent in as soon as possible, but of course when I gave it to my dad to look over it first, he went through half of it with a fine tooth comb and then all progress stopped completely when the 'phew got here. And I really don't want to do anything without his opinion first.

No comments: