Friday, September 16, 2005

Wow. I mentioned people I secretly judge, earlier? Then spent some time on AIM making fun of them? Well, I guess that signaled the universe to send me a wellspring of freaks today, including:

a million year old woman who wanted Carmen Electra's "learn how to give lapdances" DVD
a transexual interested in some Dusty Springfield music
and a frat boy who made me giftwrap his copy of playboy

Actually, I only really judged the frat boy, old women who want to lapdance and transexuals are okay with me. I just wanted to illustrate how weird the night was.

Also: I really have to stop being such a phony and starting conversations about things I know a little about but not enough to convince someone I love whatever it is, because people always catch me out on it. Today some guy was getting a Manga called "Battle Royale" and I recognized the title and asked him if it was based on the movie. And he said it was and we had a little conversation and I had to cop to the fact that I've never seen it. All I could really say is, "Oh, err, I had a friend who says its lord of the flys meets exploding collars." Good times.

In other news, (though I mentioned I was going to do this originally on my music blog, not here), I DID bring in the Semisonic CD with "Closing Time," to listen to during closing time. And it DID play. So I got that out of my system. Weirdly, no one knew who Semisonic were when I brought it in. Admittedly, the two people who said that were older, but still. "Closing Time," was huge, man, HUGE. Poor Semisonic. No one remembers one hit wonders.

Also, today I saw a copy of a Dummies book on the Chronicles of Narnia. It made me cry.

No comments: