Thursday, September 22, 2005

Today was pretty good. Not one, but two separate customers told me I was awesome at finding stuff. Though, to be fair, they both wanted stuff that was fairly easy to find.

Also awesome: for inventory, we're pulling out a bunch of stuff and sending it back to corporate headquarters. That makes it so there's a lot of empty space on the shelves, so they told me to go and make face-outs to fill up the space (turning a DVD or book so that the cover faces out instead of just having the spine showing is a face out, if you don't know or couldn't figure it out). So basically, I put all my favorite movies (or in the music dvd section, bands) out. I mean, I did put some popular choices just so it was balanced and not TOTALLY obvious what I was doing, but hey. So now Ben Folds Five, Coheed & Cambria, the Old 97's, Pleasantville, a ton of Adam Sandler movies, a ton of Hitchcock movies, Fight Club, Donnie Darko, Garden State, Office Space, Indochine (a french movie so horrible that it's good again), and About a Boy have face-outs they might not've otherwise. Also, when I didn't have a particular favorite in a row or something I could pander to the masses with, I'd put something I've known a friend to obsess over, so in that vein I have What About Bob? up there (personally I can't stand it), While You Were Sleeping, and Pi (which I've never seen). So if you walk into a store where Pi has a face out and you get a kick out of it, that's all me, baby.

Which, I think it worked! Someone totally bought Office Space after I did that! And someone else bought Vertigo, though that one sounds more like for a film class than from my doing.

I'm wondering if the people in the store next to me think I'm a serial killer. All the time I'm going in there on my break to get a pop, and then I sit in the parking lot in my car in front of their store eating goldfish crackers and drinking said pop, and then after I'm finished I rock out to whatever music I have with me for the rest of my break, and then drive 5 feet back to being parked in front of my store.

Also: I set my hair on fire last night. Really.

No comments: