Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Man. I really have to watch what slips out of my mouth, I keep almost making jokes at work that probably I shouldn't be. Or actually making jokes that are borderline. For example, people are always paying with gift cards and then having a little left over to pay, and today I was like:

Me: okay, the card covers 20, so you owe us 10 cents
Customer: I have it! *hands me a dime*
Me: Good, I'd hate to have to break someone's fingers over a dime.
Customer: Have you had to do that before?
Me: No. *pause* I'm new here.

The customer actually thought it was funny, but thinking back on it, that's probably not the humor most customers are looking for with their Barry Manilow CD and copy of You: The Owner's Manual.

In other news: I had to do register the whole day. That gets old after awhile. And then I start having brain farts where I don't give people their change, and that's never good.

New Karaoke Supernova

No comments: