Thursday, October 21, 2004

Ad aware has me very, very angry. I have no idea how this piece of crap came to become so highly rated. I went to their support forums to ask why it keeps freezing on me two seconds after I start the scan.

Well, first it wants me to register. So I did. Then it wants me to click the link on one of those validation e-mails. Of course, it doesn't SEND me the validation or tell me I need one, just lets me discover for myself when I can't post.

So I hit "resend validation e-mail," though it should be first send validation e-mail, because it seriously didn't send me one. So I click the link. And guess what? It won't validate my account because "the adminstrator hasn't approved my account yet." What? You didn't tell me I needed an administrator's approval. How am I supposed to get this approval? When will I get this approval? Are you smoking crack, whoever created this extensive system just for people to find out what the hell's wrong with your piece of crap program?

So in the e-mail, it says, "Having problems getting validated?" and I'm like, "Yes." It says, "Try going to this link, and typing in this stuff, and then it'll work." And then I go to that link, and type in that stuff, and it doesn't work, it gives me the same administrator message.

I just want to get the adware/spyware off my computer... is that so much to ask?

In other news, TV-10 was pretty fun, we interviewed this couple that has been married 56 years. They met at ISU and have other various ties to the university, so this year they get to be homecoming king and queen. Anyway, they were fun to talk to and very nice. And the guy was very chivalrous, he kept giving my (male) reporter a hard time because I (female, which I hope you know by now) was the one carrying the heavy camera, even though we explained to him that I'm the photographer, and half my job is carrying stuff.

They met when he brought in a drink to an area recently carpeted, and she had to tell him to leave. Awwww, how sweet.

Good times.

My shadow's the only one that walks beside me
My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating
sometimes I wish someone out there will find me
till then I walk alone


--"Boulevard of Broken Dreams," Greenday

No comments: