Saturday, October 16, 2004

So... I came out. I actually told someone I know in real life about my blog. It's kind of scary for me, but she actually mentioned maybe getting a blog sometime, and she's about the least judgemental person I know, so I did it, I brought it up. This is my high school friend I've been hanging out with lately, by the way. And if you are indeed reading this, that's how I usually refer to you (not sure why I didn't come up with a swanky psuedonym for you, I'm usually all about the pseudonyms) if you want to go back and look for places where you're mentioned, which is totally what I would do if I were you.

Anyway, I think it's about time I change the name to this blog. I know I've been disatisfied with it since.... like a month after I picked it in the first place. But this time I was actively embarassed to be like, "Uh, yeah. It's the Angry White Girl Blog." Because it sounds so stupid to me now. But I keep not changing it because if I change it, I know I'll get tired of that name too. So am trying to decide whether to 1) stick with it even though I hate it, 2) switch back to Hastily Paraphrased, which was my name back on googlies.net. It's not as dumb, but it's kind of bland and sounds like the name of everyone else out there with a blog, or 3) come up with another name, get tired of it, and repeat the process every so often. I've been turning around "Nerds Gone Wild" in my head for awhile now, it's a quote off of a Ben Folds song, natch.

When we hung out tonight it was fun too, which it always is. We saw Taxi, which we thought was pretty funny. Though I think it's kind of a vehicle, if you don't normally like Jimmy Fallon, you probably wouldn't like it. I felt it was kind of strange, seeing it so soon after Taxi Driver, too. Because while they both have taxis, TD is very messed up and dark, whereas Taxi is light and goofy. Though I did (sadly) feel sort of a twisted identification with Jimmy's character in Taxi, as he is the only driver I've seen worse than I am. And though it was shown in a funny way, it does sort of illustrate just how humiliating it really is to be a poor driver.

Gots to go. The Best of Jimmy Fallon's on SNL! Though, actually a nascar race went long, so that's what's on. But I'm done anyway. So I'm going. Don't make this awkward.

We drive
dave steps on the gas the world is
flying by us
sleek and smooth.
Big waves of light
the radio's playin' Queen
and we're rockin' out.


--"Shoulder to the Wheel," Saves the Day

No comments: