Thursday, October 07, 2004

I think I'm going to stop saying "anyway," as much. I've noticed I've way overused it for a long time, but my problem is I don't have any good segues. So I feel I need to put something a little segue-esque when I jump around on topics, or else it all falls apart.

Speaking of jumping around on topics, I'm gonna do it again (whoo! Way to segue, me!) I just noticed Cake's coming out with a new album. I really think I'm going to pass on it, despite the terrible temptation, though. Because when you look at Cake over the years: they do the same things over and over. And owning 3 albums of Cake doing the same things over and over seems like enough. I really had a hard time getting into most of Comfort Eagle, even.

Speaking of music (ugh... I think "speaking of" is going to be the thing I have to ban in a second) I had a horrible time getting to sleep last night. Wow... poor segue. But this bit does get music related after awhile. I couldn't sleep for the life of me, so after awhile I started listening to some of my music. Only instead of picking sleepy CD's (which... the 2 that have been working best for me lately are a Lifehouse CD and a Marcy Playground CD, but I felt I had been wearing out MP lately, and I couldn't find the Lifehouse one) I just picked whatever I felt like, which was not sleepy, which did not help me sleep. I went from The Bens to Ben Kweller to King Adora to Chevelle. Who listens to Chevelle when they want to sleep? Me, aparently. And sometimes weird things do get me sleeping, Blink 182, MXPX, and Greenday have all been quite good at the sleep-making for me at various times. Which, I didn't listen to them either because I didn't feel like it, dammit! Then I was like, "I can't do this anymore!" and tried a go without music. All in all it was 5 a.m. before I fell asleep. And THEN the phone woke me up early and I couldn't get back to sleep, which is why I have the spare time to write senseless rants such as this before class.

In other news, I spoke to my high school friend again lately. She is still the best:

Her: So I got a job at a nursing home.
Me: Cool. What do you do?
Her: Arrange activities and stuff.
Me: ......bingo??? Awesome.
Her: Yeah. But my boss, she told me to watch out. Because sometimes they get too excited and start cursing and throwing their canes around. It's pretty hardcore over there.
Me: Very hardcore.
Her: Extremely hardcore.


I'm bionic!
You're bionic!
I'm bionic!


--"Bionic," King Adora

No comments: