Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Directing at TV-10 was nice today, a couple of people started off by complimenting how well I directed Monday. And at one point, my news director said, "I think of all of us on Monday-Wednesdays as one big family!" because apparently last semester she had some people that would stress out and snipe at each other. We were like, "we get stressed out too....." and she was like, "Yes. But in a happy way." And I had to laugh, because I knew exactly what she meant. And the Monday Wednesday group IS fun, if I do say so myself.

I also had a fun conversation with the production director. Apparently, they want someone to drive the TV-10 car in the homecoming parade and throw out candy. I have to say, I'm very apathetic. I don't think I've done anything for homecoming the whole time I've been here. So I was like, "How much of the candy can we eat ourselves?" which, at the time I made this query, I was literally stuffing M & M's into my mouth. And he was like, "You can eat whatever you want of it. Only it's going to be cheap crappy candy. No chocolate." And he looked pointedly at the M & M's. I was just fooling anyway, I have no intention whatsoever of driving anything in a parade, even for all the candy in the world. All I need is to crash into one float or pedestrian because I'm too busy eating and/or giving out candy, and I'll be up to my ass in lawsuits.

Also I picked up the new Jimmy Eat World album today. I meant to wait and ask for it for Christmas, but I haven't gotten any good albums in a long while, and thought maybe this would be worth it. And honestly, no matter how many albums I buy in the meantime, I'll probably have plenty of items still on my Christmas list, materialistic brat that I am. I actually didn't even know it was out, except a friend of mine was all, "I just bought it!" yesterday. True story.

Never let them think they got us down (got us down)
'cause we're already down (we're already down!)


--"Heaven or the Highway out of Town," The Refreshments

No comments: