Wednesday, October 06, 2004

I think Ben Folds is going to be my Neil Diamond. See, my mom just loves Neil Diamond. And has everything the dude's ever recorded. And will go on these Neil Diamond marathons where she plays him four hours on end.

Which, I find myself doing that all the time with Ben now. But at least Ben has the major benefit of actually writing new songs. I'd be surprised if Neil has more than 3 albums of original music. It's like during the 60's, he just quit making up anything new and continually puts out records of covers or of his previous work. Which my mom buys. So while she has a lot of different albums of his, a marathon would include all his hits 3 times at least. So I've kind of got the psychoness, but not as bad. I hope. And who knows, I might get tired of him anyway. Every band I'm really huge into I get kind of tired of after awhile.

And maybe it's just that Ben's the only one I have enough albums of to have a real marathon. The only bands I even come close on in having that much of are Blink 182 (who I love but are not marathony as all their songs are the same after awhile), Saves The Day (which, I don't know why I don't with them), and the Foo Fighters (which I used to love but am a little more lukewarm on lately).

I leave you with this conver that has nothing to do with the above:

Phoemeister: You are very TLC in that you're crazy, sexy, and cool.
Phoemeister: Only 1 third of you isn't dead.
Phoemeister: At least I hope not.
Suibrom: hehe
Sui: hahah
Sui: Only the good parts ;P
Phoemeister: but if 1 third of you is, I hope it's the part that raps and no one cares.
Sui: haha
Sui: oddly enough it's my left eye ;-)
Phoemeister: ROFLMAO
Sui: heheh ; )
Phoemeister: that was so cheesy, but good
Sui: hahah
Sui: well I know you like the cheese

No comments: