Thursday, February 16, 2006

1) I recognize the irony of this statement, but: if you still can't read this, please let me know. Since the template showed up properly for me anyway, I have no way of knowing if the changes I just made fixed it or not.

2) Film night: awesome. We watched The Purple Rose of Cairo. It actually kind of reminded me of Pleasantville, which is about the highest praise I can really offer, considering that's my all time favorite. Anyway, the ploot is kind of backwards from Pleasantville, a character coming out of a movie instead of going in. And not in a horrible Last Action Hero way. Also strangely enough: Jeff Daniels is in both movies (in Pleasantville and Purple Rose of Cairo, I mean. He might also be in Last Action Hero, though, I've never seen it. If he was, he totally must be the king of people getting sucked in and out of movies movies.)

3) Birthday dinner: getting more and more out of hand. The schedule was really late coming out and now I have to decide which day I want it, since certain people can't come to one day, and certain other people can't come to the other day, and then there's this unknown segment of people that I have no idea what their preference is.... ad nauseum. Right now it's Optpri can come Sunday but not Monday, and Mulva & Sista in the opposite camp. So I guess I'm waiting for Mouse, Hootie, and Jersey to weigh in. Not to mention Carmax who has not gotten back to me on it to begin with, not to mention something we may or may not be doing together Saturday!

Sista has been saying I should invite as many people as possible, but I think I have social anxiety or whatever it's called. I hate large groups. PLUS, a lot of the people in the group are people I'm always meaning to do things with but never get around to asking, so I kind of want this to be my, "Hey! Hanging out with you is awesome!" to them rather than, "Oh well, any old person at work is invited." But at the same time, I don't want other people to hear and feel left out or anything. Because I do like if not love 99% of my coworkers. I dunno. It's weird.

4) I dunno if I'm going to Kevin's show on Saturday or not, if I can't get Carmax to go with me. I don't know him that well, and I don't want to be like the only person from work to show up and have it look like I'm stalking him or something.

5) I LOVE NOODLES.

No comments: