Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I had some stuff I wanted to post last night, but Blogger was down. And apparently I have such a short attention span that I cannot remember what it was in the slightest.

In the mean time, I would like to record for posterity a hilarious joke Hootie made the other day. Warning: it has a somewhat long lead-up, and is only hilarious to me.

So, I've been carrying around an ad for this Gretchen Wilson DVD in my name tag. For those who don't know, she is a country singer, her big song was "Redneck Woman," and her new CD is called "All Jacked Up." Mouse calls her the Redneck Hooker, because she's kind of skanky.

This came about because Mouse was putting up posters on the info desk. We get some pretty random things. This time we got a whole lot of Il Divo, Elvis, Gretchen Wilson, and Bela Fleck. But the weird thing about a lot of these posters is they are divided into sections you can tear off. Which is annoying, because after a long time on the info desk they start to fall apart. Anyway, somone of the sections are really tiny, and Mouse was complaining about it and how useless the little parts are. He was like, "What are these bits even for? Are we supposed to put them in our nametag?" And I was like, "DUDE! Give me the one for Gretchen Wilson! I'll totally do it!" I thought I'd get in trouble, because the piece was big enough that it covered up my name and the store's name, the whole reason we even wear the nametags. But I eventually hit upon the technique of cutting it so that it fit in there without obscuring any of the important info. Then I bullied Mouse into being Il Divo. Then Optpri decided to be Elvis. I am a trendsetter, my friends.

Anyway, the other day I was being kind of hyper (I think I was telling them my cigar afficianado story, in the process saying cigar afficianado so many times that Optpri claimed the phrase no longer had meaning). And boss-boss was like, "Someone tell Phoemeister she can't have caffiene." And usually I'm not on caffiene, and I was about to tell her that, but then I had to admit that I did happen to be caffinated. And Hootie was like, "Of course she's all jacked up! She's Gretchen Wilson!"

We laughed. True story.

Also, I've been babbling more and more at Karaoke Supernova, I don't know if I've mentioned it.

No comments: