Monday, February 20, 2006

My birthday started out pretty crappy. I woke up at 8:00, which I always hate when I wake up that early for no reason. Also: had a face full of allergy gunk and my left ear was killing me. It still hurts a little, so I'm afraid of an ear infection.

Then on top of it I was freaking out about my contacts. I switched eye doctors not that long ago so that I could be covered by my new insurance. He switched my contacts. Anyway, last night was the first time I tried to take them out (I wear those ones you wear a week, take out and wash, then wear another week, then throw away) and one of them won't come out! And... like, usually if I'm having troubles getting a contact out, it'll at least move around in my eye when I touch it. But this contact... I can't do anything with it that will move it a millimeter, it's like it's glued on. And I tried again this morning, and I still can't get them out. Basically what I did was put the other one back in my other eye and be like, "Screw it, I'm going to deal with this another day, this is my birthday!"

Then I opened up my presents from my parents. They are crazy generous. I got a giftcard for the store, plus gift cards for various eating establishments (Panera, Taco Bell, McDonalds). I was slightly irritated (I know I'm a jerk for critizising) but I specifically told them what I really wanted off my list and what I just added as padding in case they couldn't find the other stuff (and I told them which was which), and all except for one thing (Home Movies Season III) came from the padding. So I might put back some of the stuff I have on hold right now, and get some of the stuff I originally asked for with the gift card from the store. Said padding consisted of: Ben Folds & WASO, Coheed & Cambria Live at Starland Ballroom, Fall Out Boy, and Franz Ferdinand. I think we might end up at Best Buy sometime this week to do some exchanging, as they accidently got the wrong Franz Ferdinand (I wanted the old one, they got the new one) and the coheed & cambria DVD because they accidently got it in PSP format.

But as for shopping for any of the other things, I have to wait till I've seen what my sister got me. She seems to have a disregard for any indicators of "this is padding, this is not" similar to my parents, but since all padding has already been bought, she pretty much has to have gotten me one of the things I especially wanted (she doesn't really go in for surprise gifts).

Then I spent the bulk of my day watching Home Movies and listening to Fall Out Boy. Then I went over to Sista's and hung out for a little while before my birthday dinner and we caught up, which was nice. We haven't been able to hang out that much lately, and of course if you stand around talking at work too much its not good.

Then I went to my birthday dinner. All first time Noodle eaters were impressed by the deliciousness of Noodle cuisine, which is pretty much what I expected. Someday all will bow to the awesomeness that is Noodles.

It was also AWESOME. It was a big enough group to make me feel loved and a small enough group that I didn't start freaking out. We had a lot of fun.

Then, my parents and I agreed on Saturday for the family dinner, at Lonestar. AND my mom hinted that maybe my parents and I could go to Jim's Steakhouse in the near future (one of the places I'd been thinking of choosing for the family dinner, but would be a bad idea if the phew is in tow, as it takes awhile to be served there) since I was nice and picked Lonestar. So that means I have at least two delicious Steaks in my near future. PLUS, my one high school friend I still hang out with totally called me tonight (which, it's funny, she didn't even know it was my birthday) and we are going to go and eat at Manderin Garden, the best chinese place EVER (and the only chinese place I like, actually) on Friday. So, counting Noodles, that's like four birthday dinners at four of my favorite places, people. I am very, very happy. And on Wednesday, I shall make my way to Mulva's to enjoy yet another fine cinema night. So I have another week full of awesomeness ahead of me (especially if you count the buying binge I'm going to go on with gift cards and that I have yet to open what my sister got me and Mouse is bringing me a Rogue Wave CD tomorrow and Mulva already brought me the Strokes, The Boy Least Likely to, and Camera Obscura).

Mulva: lo-fi that's not got bad sound quality, since i learned that irks you after the moldy peaches fiasco
Phoemeister: lol
Phoemeister: I love how you call it a fiasco
Mulva: the dance was ruined
Phoemeister: like I got really pissed and was like, "WE CAN"T BE FRIENDS ANYMORE IF YOU SEND ME SONGS WITH BAD SOUND QUALITY"
Mulva: It came on and you broke up with me and left the dance floor and everyone gasped
Phoemeister: and then the floor opened up and you fell in the pool
Mulva: shit, i remember that
Phoemeister: and you almost killed yourself
Phoemeister: but an angel showed you what effect your life had on others
Mulva: And I sang...look at me I'm Mulva, lousy without Phoe
Phoemeister: and I pointed and laughed
Phoemeister: and you were like, "HEY, AT LEAST I DON'T LISTEN TO FALL OUT BOY"
Mulva: And then the dinosaurs came......
Phoemeister: they enslaved the human race
Phoemeister: so that we could cobble dinosaur shoes for them
Mulva: and they played fall out boy as we slaved in their quarries
Mulva: because a misguided dinosaur studied the wrong specimen (you) and determined we must like them

Sista: heh i need quote for my myspace page
Phoemeister: cool

you can try ____ summer home, some are home some are not if you want to go with another gem from my family
Phoemeister: or You're talkin' like a sausage
Phoemeister: I can also supply you with Fall Out Boy quotes
Sista: go forward please
Phoemeister: lol, okay. Well starting off with song titles, there's "Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends" "I slept with someone in fall out boy, and all I got was this stupid song written about me"
Phoemeister: I shall leaf through the actual lyrics for you too
Phoemeister: because that's just the kind of friend I am

*pause*

Phoemeister: man, i can't find any good ones
Phoemeister: fall out boy sucks
Sista: hahha

Phoemeister: I know you usually talk about them when you want to blow off steam, and that they're not actually that horrible, but I seriously hate your inlaws
Phoemeister: If I ever saw them in person I would punch them in the face
Tina: they are very quirky people, yes
Phoemeister: I'm quirky. I'm a picky eater! I don't want to punch me in the face!
Tina: I hope not, that sorta thing can get you committed

later

Tina: I need to go to bed... people have been real jackasses lately about when I get up
Phoemeister: I WILL PUNCH THEM IN THE FACE FOR YOU ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS ASK

No comments: