Tuesday, February 21, 2006

So I went to my eye doctor and he popped the contact right out and I felt stupid. I asked him if it was the new brand of contacts, and he said no, it just happens to people sometimes, but I think he's full of it because I've worn contacts like 8 years now and that's never happened to me before.

I also went and did my exchanges at Best Buy. I got the proper Franz Ferdinand, but got a gift card in lieu of the proper Coheed & Cambria DVD. First off, we couldn't find the Co & Ca DVD, but secondly: after watching Ben Folds & WASO live in perth yesterday, I am now re-invigorated in my belief that I do not like concert DVD's.

Also: I've decided Fall Out Boy is just what I needed, no matter how crappy it is. I was explaining it to people last night, how to me a crappy emo CD is like, junk food or a stupid movie. I realize it's not Creme Brulee or Citizen Kane, but sometimes my brain needs to rest. Which, I think mine does. I think with music I've been having the same problem I have had with not wanting to read lately, because I've been listening to all this great complex stuff that takes me forever to fully get into, and it's a lot of work. Whereas Fall Out Boy: it's pretty much all there right up front, and sure you get tired of it quickly, but it's something fun to cleanse your palate with. So I suspect I will be writing Fall Out Boy a fan letter that goes something like, "Thank you for sucking so much. If you weren't so homogenous, you would be of no use to me. Keep up the crappy work!"

No comments: