Saturday, February 18, 2006

Interesting things that happened today:

1) I badgered Optpri into performing the french version of Little Bunny Foo Foo for some customers that actually turned out to be related to Jaws. I also learned, and had performed for me, that she knows the spanish version of head, shoulders, knees, and toes. Sista joined in and performed some spanish song about beef steak. I felt left out so I started singing Aloutte and got it in Sista's head for the whole rest of the day.

2) TII had to look up when the Battle of Agincourt(sp?) happened for me, because yesterday someone's purchase rang up 1428 and I told them that's when it happened and I asked him when it really was just to see if he knew, and of course since he didn't know he had to look it up. I guess I'm lucky I didn't get a lecture on the significance of the battle. Especially since I already know! All my history facts are things I actually know about, just not the real date.

3) I made an ass out of myself to some customer. The guy was leaning over trying to look at some of the stuff we have behind reg (so I saw his back, mostly) and he was right in the way if anyone was trying to get behind reg. I thought it was Lister, since Lister was due to come in about then and what customer would be back there? So as a joke I said something about getting to the register quickly and then loudly, "IF THERE WEREN'T SOME RANDOM DUDE BLOCKING OUR PATH!" And then it turned out it WAS some random dude, so it sounded horribly mean. Fortuneately the customer was a good sport and thought it was pretty funny. When Lister ACTUALLY got there I told him about it and the customer was around and was like, "I WAS THE RANDOM DUDE!"

4) FIFTY DOLLA GIFT CARD! For January we beat our sales plan by however much, so I am rolling in the store credit. Things I already have on hold: (what this won't cover, I'm sure the gift card for the store I think my parents are going to get me for my birthday will) String Quartet tribute to Coheed & Cambria, earphones (I broke mine recently), and Grosse Pointe Blank. Things I am ordering or waiting to come in: Better Than Ezra's Friction, Baby, and Clue. Things I am considering getting: this boxed set thing with music videos from Spike Jonze, Chris Cunningham, and Michael Gondry I've been wavering back and forth on for several years now, and the original Star Wars boxed set.

No comments: