Wednesday, February 22, 2006

So... I'm a huge music whore. I got so much today. But... I've barely scraped the surface of my giftcard funds. I should probably do this on Karaoke, but I don't really feel like it. So.. yeah. Maybe a more in detail post there later.

So I got Cake's Fashion Nugget (finally! I can toss the tape I recorded of my sister's copy now) and Gorillaz's Demon Days with the gift card I got at Best Buy today for the Coheed & Cambria DVD. I kind of took a flyer on Gorillaz even though I suspect it's not my normal type of music because it was cheap, I had a gift card, and I like Feel Good Inc.

Then at the store, I got String Quartet Tribute to Coheed & Cambria. It is AWESOME, man. I normally don't go in for classical. There's no hook to grab me, really, so I'm defeated before I can begin. But since I already am into all these songs, I can totally enjoy them this way, and it's really cool. Plus, I'm thinking it might be "bring into work"-able as people's main objection to Co & Ca is usually the high pitched voice and crazy-ass lyrics which obviously this album is not hampered by.

I got Kevin's CD. Everyone keeps asking me why I want to pay, since Kevin apparently gives them out like candy. But it's only 7.99 at the store, and with my bitchin' discount, it's 5 bucks. I am not so cheap that I won't spend five bucks (gift card money, even) to support a local artist whose music I really do like enough to regularly listen to.

Lastly I got Better Than Ezra's Friction, Baby, which I'd never bought for the same reasons I never got the Cake CD. I had to order it in because they never sell it anywhere anymore, but it was only 10.00. In my opinion: albums they have had since then may be more mature and artistic, but this one is still the best. I love every single song on that CD (okay, all but one. still life with cooley is just not very good) which is something I can not say for most cds I have.

I also got headphones and a book that I accidently did not realize was the third in a series, not the first.

No comments: