Sunday, February 12, 2006

So I keep thinking I should do something for my birthday this year. Usually I hang out with my parents (and I'm sure I'll get the parent part of the birthday at some point no matter what else I end up doing), but that gets less and less thrilling since I've gotten older. And it's not so much the "Oh, I'm lame I'm hanging out with my parents" thing, it's the fact that we spend it with my whole family (i.e. my sister and her family as well) and even on my birthday I get less attention than the 'phew, or even my sister's dog some years. And for some reason they always talk about the most boring possible things (gas prices, State Farm office politics, obscure relatives of my brother in law that none of us but him have even ever met) when they're all together.

I also think this is probably the first year since high school I've even had enough friends to do anything. But all my friends except for one are from work, and she'd probably feel left out in a party full of my coworkers, so she probably wouldn't come. Then, obviously, it's retail and except for in the dead of the night, there is no point when we are all not working. And also, it would be kind of weird to invite everyone as I'm closer to some people than others. But it would be kind of weird to be like, "I will invite you, I won't invite you other person." ALSO: we would have no place to go, as it is too weird to have them all come and my parents being around (no doubt watching Law & Order at top volume in the other room). And I hate bars. And where else is there, really?

So... yeah.

I need to hang out with more people anyway.

No comments: