Friday, September 06, 2002

I have to say, i don't like Sib's new roommate. I totally said hi to her the other day, and she left me hanging. I mean, even if it's someone I don't know who says hi, I still say hi back. It's not like you're committing to a conversation, it's just a hi.

Anyway, that's not that big of a deal. The thing that's annoying me lately is I left a message on their machine and I said something like, "And do you want to meet at your crib, or the theater?" I have been mocked and ridiculed for this. I don't know if it's because the roommate is african-american, or from a city or something, but she acts like she has the corner on slang.

Yes: I know it's ridiculous and stupid when little white girls from the country use slang. I don't do it to be cool, I do it to be funny. I specifically add "yo" at the end of things, to make people laugh. I say crib. It's funny. It's harmless. But the roommate took offense at me saying crib.

So, to avoid friction, Sib's all like, "Don't do it again around her." Now, I want to say slang SO badly. I stopped at their.....crib.... today, and no one was there, so I wrote on the dry erase board, "Aw, I was on this side of campus and thought I'd stop by. Too bad no one's here or something." What I wanted to write? "I was in the hizood, and no one was here, yo."

I totally want to leave a message on the machine going. "Word up, S diddy. Today I saw Shaniqua, and the biznitch was all up in my grill. She insulted my mama, and I was like aw naw you did-ENT! And she was all like yes I did. And I was like you better recognize and give me the props, bitch!" And eventually end up with "and so, I had to get my gat out and bust a cap in her hoochie-ass. That got her steppin'"

Being white is so lame. I'm going to get a tan and try to pass myself off as latino from now on. Saying "barrio" is more fun than saying "hood" anyway, yo.

No comments: