Sunday, September 08, 2002

Today was pretty good. I went to a "mini spa day" at my sister's future mother-in-law's house. There were some other women going to the wedding there, and it was like a little party where a nice stranger rubbed nice smelling things on us.

There were little games, too, like where they listed out symptoms of stress and whoever had the most, won a prize.

I won a loofah.

Yes, I was going up against career women, and family women, and women who balance both, and I'm the stressed out one. That says a lot. Also, I was the only one who admitted to being "irritable' and "quarrelsome."

Also, my Mom bought me a cleansing mask demonstrated during the......demonstration. It WARMS when you put it on. For some reason, this totally rocks my world.

Also: I've sadly spent much of the weekend playing The Sims. My lesbian is nearing Astronaut, and her life-partner is a smuggler. How glamorous. And: I've created a house full of rock stars + wanda. They're pretty much in existence to help my lesbians climb up the career ladder, but I still love them. Ben Kweller is the patriarch of the household, thus they all have Kweller as the last name, but secretly Kurt Kweller is Kurt Cobain, Beck Kweller is Beck, etc. At first, I really tried to make the sims look like the actual people, Wanda's pretty close, Ben's pretty close. Then Kurt's a vaguely shaggy man dressed (sadly) as a prep due to the lack of flannel. Hootie (ala Hootie and the Blowfish) is wearing a tuxedo for no apparent reason. Beck has a goatee and is wearing the same outfit as Kurt. Dexter Holland has nerd glasses and a tweed sportcoat (I'm thinking I should've named him Rivers instead now). Gwen (Stefani) is this old lady wearing a sweater set. Eve, who I don't really like but who does that song with Gwen (I was getting tired): is a blond hispanic woman.

It's sad how into the sims I am. Someone get me help.

No comments: