Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Gah. I hate colds. I usually have them in phases: sore throat, then blindingly painful sinus pain, then coughing. Coughing, by the way, actually isn't even that bad, as it does not hurt like the first two phases. Anyway, the throat is particularly hurting, and even though I hate the sinus phase, I have to say after two days (especially today at work where I had to talk to customers and such) I am ready to move on to it.

The funny thing is other than that I really don't feel too horrible, but everyone still felt really sorry for me, because I was really quiet because I couldn't talk without hurting myself, and a silent phoemeister is just about the saddest thing ever.

In other news, I had considered joining the inventory team at work because I thought I would like the hours better and I like people on the inventory team pretty well. But the one opening was filled, and but then another one just opened up and they all were like, "Do you want to be on the team?" and I was like no and it opened up a whole can of worms.

See, Jaws and No Pulp are the ones quitting, I don't really know No Pulp's reasons, but Jaws feels that boss-boss is creating a hostile work environment and just can't take it anymore. So I was in the back today and Jaws was talking smack about boss-boss to me, and Lister overheard. Then after that they offered me the job on the inventory team, and when I said no they thought it was because of the smack talk.

My reason, which Elaine asked about later in private, is that the other position is going to TII. And TII drives me insane. He's not a bad person or anything but sometimes I just want to throttle him. And working day in and day out with thim, I would end up doing that. Plus, one of my reasons to even join the team is I like the team pretty well, but with no more No Pulp or Jaws, and the fact that Double Dizzle only works like three days a week means I would spend my time primarily with TII and this guy who I like fairly well but is not hugely talkative with me (hence me never even bothering to give him a nickname on here). Though funnily, he and Jaws were talking up the inventory team to me, and his arguement for me to join was "don't leave me alone with TII!"

But what kind of sucks is I told her not to spread it around, but like an hour later boss-boss knew about my reason being TII is annoying. So... I guess I just spread it around more, putting it on my blog and everything, but I really don't need this getting back to TII and it annoyed me that Elaine told someone else when I asked her to keep it on the DL. Anyway, boss-boss said if I joined TII and I would probably only work two days a week together and even then we probably wouldn't have to work in close proximity most of the time. But... like I said, the allure is gone.

The other thing was I'd like the early hours, and I think I might be able to work the early shift more anyway, because when TII becomes inventory, this other lady who works a lot in the mornings will have his old job, and I'm thinking they might schedule me more when she used to work. So... that would make me happier with the job I already have.

So anyway, I think I'm going to stay where I am and hope TII doesn't hear about it, and hope boss-boss doesn't think it's because of Jaw's angry talk.

No comments: